Thursday, September 2, 2010

Merdeka-day Iftar

On Merdeka day, we had our annual family Iftar.

Usually I was the person who sponsors this event but due to some unavoidable circumstances, this year it was sponsored by my sister.

The venue was Sahara Tent in Alamanda

Sahara Ten serves middle eastern food and the buffet spread was just nice. Not too much and not too little.




My favourite appetizers were there... tabouleh and hummus. Damn it was good!

The pictures below are some of the buffet spread as captured by my son, a budding photographer learning the ropes. He missed the appetizers and dessert spread though.



















It costs RM49 per head for adults and 22.90 per child. All in all there were 8 adults and 4 kids and 2 babies (FOC).

Free flowing lime juice relieved us of the thirst and the turkish coffee was splendidly brewed. It's been a long time since I had Turkish coffee. Dessert was some choices of baklavas and fresh fruits.

I was stuffed with the lamb which was very-very delicious. The manager even offered me the 'last call'' to finish up the lamb.

Well... until next year for the family iftar, insya-allah.



.rr